In a previous post not all that long ago I discussed a PLT (Professional Learning Team) that we have established at our college. This PLT will focus solely on iPad Integration via teaching and learning around the use of a mobile technlogies in a 1:1 environment.
This Wednesday we continue our journey as a PLT and our fearless leader in the process, Sam, will be guiding us through the following agenda which i believe will be an outstanding start towards what we hope to achieve.
iPad PLT Agenda:
1) Sharing of what is already happening in our classrooms with the use of iPads and technology integration. (15mins)
2) Outlining of lesson template to collect iPad integration ideas and collate as a resource (15mins)
3) Time to plan lessons and view current units of work to determine IF the iPads can be embedded to assist student learning (30mins)
You will need to bring:
– iPad and Laptop (for sharing and planning)
– Some examples of iPad work that has been done in your class, or, apps you have been using. Everyone will get a few minutes to share what has been happening in their class. This may include videos of students using apps, actual pieces of work etc…
– A rough idea of an area you’d like to implement iPads into in your teaching… assessment? involving parents? numeracy? homework? come with an idea so planning will be a little more directed.
It will great to see what staff come to the table with and what their ideas are not only this week, yet throughout the whole process.
One document we aim to fully utilise is the template that we have created to assist staff in their development of technology integration and iPad inclusion. This document is one that we have adapted somewhat from the DEECD Contemporary Literacies Research Project that we were involved in throughout semester 2 of 2011. A document which we found very useful last year and feel that it can be just as, if not more so, throughout our iPad PLT Journey. I have attached the document below for those who wish to view it and even perhaps use it to whatever degree!
Once again, we’ll be sure to keep you posted about our iPad happenings wether they be student, teacher, or community minded!